newbie1

2018 Kia Optima Refreshed a bit

Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:13 am

2018 Kia Optima comes in this year with a sporty look and wide-ranging flexibility. Its options are on point and the price is right. The common sense safety features give it tremendous value are duly noted by buyers. The Optima always gives a comfortable ride it has a very well laid-out interior. There is only one problem - KIA needs to come up with a new look because the competitors are starting to look nicer than the Optima. The Optima is also behind in the fact that it doesn't have the 7-speed dual-clutch. In a perfect world Kia would also find a way to increase the fuel economy.
The award-winning Optima has so much to offer the plug-in version is efficiency at your fingertips and it allows you to tailor what performance you are looking for. The HEV mode delivers the efficiency and refinement of the Optima Hybrid while the electric mode lets you go fully electric with up to 29 miles of range to take on your daily commute or your daily adventure. The Optima phev allows you to use the HOV lanes in California . Emissions are so low the Optima is eligible for or it also has a transitional zero-emission are the California Air Resource Board. The Optima phev proves that efficiency and convenience can go hand-in-hand and all out your control.

citygirl

Re: 2018 Kia Optima Refreshed a bit

Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:28 pm

There is a bit more "refreshing" than you mentioned

The 2018 Kia Optima will have changes in the trim levels calling the new trims "S" The buyer will be able to get the 2.4 liter engine of the LX trim and on top of that you will receive the panoramic sunroof package with the S trim rating. You can get the convenience and pleasure of a panoramic sunroof and it's at an affordable price. All the new trim levels will be getting a standard 7 in UVO eServices system this infotaiment system will be completely compatible with Android auto and Apple Carplay. In the past this screen was only available as an option on the LX and LX 1.6 T trims but now it is standard. Kia also increased some of their safety features for the 2018 like: blind spot detection, rear cross-traffic alert, and rear parking assist . Again these are features that were options on other trim levels and came at a price. If you were in the market for a new vehicle the 2018 Kia Optima has a little bit of refreshing definitely not an overhaul or brand new package but it has been refreshed in some very nice ways.

EricOptima2018

Fri May 04, 2018 2:05 pm

I called KIA for UVO e-apps and they told me UVO apps is not available for plug in model ?
Did somebody use the android or apples apps for car status
I am curious

conine2965

Fri May 04, 2018 4:20 pm

i use the uvo eco app works perfectly. also now have it linked to alexia for starting

Return to “Plug-in Optima Reviews”