revtdi

UVO in Canada

Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:41 pm

I just picked up my new Optima PHEV (with tech) yesterday (in Canada). Lots of manuals with lots of pages. So far I haven't been able to find out anything about Kia UVO. Has it disappeared or is it not available in Canada?

admin
Site Admin

Re: UVO in Canada

Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:22 pm

Hi, congrats on the Optima PHEV! How do you like it?

Kia UVO - I can't find any Canada specific information. Have you tried contacting Kia directly, through their UVO site?
https://www.myuvo.com/

Laev

Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:04 am

Oh I am very jealous in a good way - Congradulations on the new car and phev. As soon as my lease is finished I'm going to be looking into one.

I found a number of sites for UVO upgrades. Also I am pretty sure Canada has UVO as there are press announcements on it. Check out the Kia Canada site I found some generic info there that might help you to get to some more detailed info. Good luck

EricOptima2018

Fri May 04, 2018 2:11 pm

Kia told me uvo apps not applicable to phev plug in model....so I am not very happy spending 45000$ for electrical car not working with any cellular apps checking charging vehicle cycling in comparison other electrical car on the market has a apps for less 35000$ Somebody has a solution or apps to use

david82

Tue May 08, 2018 3:22 pm

Hi,

Also suffering the same issue, having just bought the optima PHEV in Canada. Did anyone manage to resolve this? I'm not sure if the uvo eco app is supposed to be used, but either way I can't get it on the canadian play store either...

Any help appreciated.

D.

Jq3

Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:18 am

Its very frustrating to me that this has been disabled in the Canadian version of the car. I have now been shopping around trying to find a remote starter compatible. I am being told from a few shops, it cant be done due to the plugin. If it was a regular hybrid push button, no problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a remote start? Winters are cold here.

Return to “Technical Discussions”